Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So, I normally do this lesson somewhere around Halloween time, but this year, time got away from me, and needless to say, we have only just now completed them. Parents freak for these awesome versions of The Scream by Eduard Munch!

I begin by taking their photo against a black background and my darling 5th graders let out their inner actor by making their best "scream" expression. We paint the warm, swirly background with tempera, and add in an oil pastel drawing of their chosen scary image behind them in the painting.

I wish I could post all of them, because they seriously had me laughing for an hour straight! Enjoy these few, though!



2 comments:

  1. Love those! I look forward to seeing this project each year when you hang them up! :)

    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these - they are always so unique!

    ReplyDelete